Joke of the Day - LSP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:30pm
I tried to look at his site, but it wasn't loading properly.  Now I'm pretty firmly placed with Aurora, but I'm still curious about LSP.  Does he have a demo posted somewhere for download?  Remember, it wasn't that long ago a lot of folks were ooohing and aaahing at the screen shots of Spec 2.  I figure that since my display is dead anyway, I might as well check that program out. 
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Here's how I have it set up at work:

INcoming T1 - Cisco 2600 Router - DNS Server - LInux-Based firewall - SMTP/e-mail server - Domain Server - VPN (pain in the butt) - FTP Server - XAN - SSAN - network.

DNS server outside of the firewall?
Do you have a single IP?
I don't think that we have anything configured outbound on our Cisco...
We (www.NABOR.com) use our base .34 address for our MX record. Outbound all of traffic looks like it came from .34 as well. Inbound we have another 10 IPs or so that are split out at the Sonicwall.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
rmonty View Drop Down

Quote rmonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 7:42am
Sorry for the newbie question.  What is LSP?

Edit:  Never mind, just figured it out.

Edited by rmonty - 20 Dec 2008 at 7:54am
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 10:52am
Well I went and checked it out, even though the name "Light Show Pro" leaves a lot to be desired.  I kept an open mind, but I overall I must admit I was disappointed.  I liked the graphics, I liked the wizard that lets you choose where files are kept (although I don't really know what the point of that wizard was since a user should just choose what folder to store sequences in when they save them).  I didn't like not seeing my commands on the left side of the pane.  I couldn't stand how it played that section of music back once I placed a command.  I didn't like how all the commands were the exact same graphic on the grid (I think that was a bug).  If that was what Spectrum 2 was going to be as Darryl envisioned it (and I don't think that program is how he envisioned it), then I am glad I made the switch to Aurora.  However, after trying the software, I do believe I have a better understanding as to why Darryl decided to discontinue Spectrum 2's development.  LSP might have a place among those who want to do this hobby without the hard work of sequencing just like Galaxia has a place among those who don't want a full blown animated display.  I wish them well, but I think those already dedicated to this hobby will not be their main customer base. 
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 12:40pm
okay... I can't hold back.

....wow... After 3 tries to get his site up....
I see that:
1. He's an MCSD... Take that as you will.
2. He does A LOT OF .net drag and drop with minimal _real_ programming.
3. Well... I see his other applications are all .net, so I'd guess those are drag/drop as well.
4. I'd probably say more if I could load a second page anywhere on his site.

Now, let me say that I could be compleately wrong, and that he could be sitting developing pure C in VI on his Gentoo box, and that I could be compleatly wrong. But, I have meet a number of programmers and there are gennerally two groups. Group A that Michael's in and group B that Mr. Johnson seems to be in.

That being said, I never like to see anything fail and hope that Mr. Johnson is able to have his sofware on the same level that the existing software is, and would like to see some of it's professional tools that it has.

_DONE_ <-I'll shut up now.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 3:13pm
I'm not sure what's up with his site. When I made that post yesterday, the site worked fine. Maybe he is tring to hide! LOL
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 3:17pm
He doesn't take pressure or criticism (constructive or otherwise) very well, and has been rumored to bolt when things get too hot.

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

He doesn't take pressure or criticism (constructive or otherwise) very well, and has been rumored to bolt when things get too hot.

I sense that as well.  Which from a customer view is a scary thing to see.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:51pm
LOL, Contact me about a smart host. I might be able to help you on this if you are still having issues depending on how much email you are sending.  AOL and comcast are both RDNS freaks and I have a hosting server that I could probably give you some space or bandwidth on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12