Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora Installing, but not running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora Installing, but not running
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 3:00pm
OK, I am still having trouble getting the programs to run. They install, but when starting the programs from the Icons, the splash screen comes on for a few seconds, then gets covered by the Windows Error message that "Aurora Sequencer has experienced an error and will close".
When checking the "click here" link for more info, the ModName file is "videoe~1.ocx"
Once I click the "send" or "don't send" buttons, the error closes as well as the Aurora splash screen closing.

Have tried the regsrv32 unregister step with no change.

Aurora gurus.... any ideas?

Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop
2+ G RAM - 160 G HD
Intel Duo CPU - 1.83 Ghz
Windows XP Pro - SP2

Bob T.
D-Light controllers - 64 channels (Running for Second Year!)
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 6:13am
Someone else discovered that the Roxio program was at fault on their computer. Any chance you have it installed?
JonB - D-Light user
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 7:58am
Originally posted by JonB256

Someone else discovered that the Roxio program was at fault on their computer. Any chance you have it installed?

Bob--Isn't XP Pro the 64-bit version?

Jon--Did they mention which version of Roxio product?  I have Roxio's Videowave 7 installed, which is fairly light on resourses, but it has an amazing amount of editing capability.  I also have installed Ahead's NERO 7 Suite, which is my current workhorse a/v program.  So far there no conflicts that I've noticed (knock on wood).

BTW--I did have Easy Media Creator 8 installed last month, but it was a disappointment, so I removed it.  EMC8 is very much a bloatware product, as with NERO 7, but the Roxio package does seem to add an awful lot of non-codec related stuff to the registry.  I discovered this after the un-install, since Roxio does not offer a cleaning tool.  And the smaller version of Roxio's suites has been coming pre-installed with a lot of systems for the last few years.

Me: Dell Dimension 8300, P4 2.6GHz, 1.25 BG RAM, XP Home Edition, GeForce 440 64MB

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 8:43am
JonB - Nope, no Roxio installed

Tony - XP Pro is the business/networking version as opposed to XP Home that is designed for the home user. Pro is designed for the network/domain usage. It is a 32 bit version, but there is indeed a 64 bit version that was not very widespread.

Mine is the 32 Bit version.
Bob T.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 6:05pm
Was going to email you a file that may fix the problem, but no email given in profile.

"Oh, Bother!", said Pooh as he slammed a fresh mag into his M16.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 10:56am

Strange Christmas Lights, because my email address is in my profile. I just did not publish it.

You can send it to REMOVETHIS_lights@bernernews.net

Take out everything up to and including the _.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob T.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 10:57am
Ha make that LightChristmas :)
Bob T.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:19am
File coming your way via my workplace account. Just got whacked by the remnants of Ike. Lost one transmitter site in Poplar Bluff MO and studio here is on power rationing as our generator can't handle the load the newsgeeks keep demanding.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 3:21pm
Well, the file at least got the splash screen to show on the PC for about 30 seconds. Then it once again errored out with the same "Send/Don't Send" message. The next time I tried to open it, it was back to the instant error immediately after the splash screen comes up.

We have had constant rain here in SW Michigan since Friday. Not looking forward to more leftovers from Ike. :)
Bob T.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 5:59pm
That was me that had the problem with Roxio, and it was Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. ANever narrowed it down to the exact problem but I sorta suspect the codecs that are on the culprit pc.
I also had the problem of the videoedit.ocx but that was on Windows 2008 Server (non tested and non supported I would think) and it's 64 bit. So no suprise here.

I've loaded and run with no problems on the following O/S's: Windows XP Pro, Windows 2003 Server R2 32, and now Vista Ultimate.. Guess I've been lucky because out of the box it's always loaded and been fine, except for Vista but the Vista patch worked super.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>