WHAT THE.........???!!!!???!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT THE.........???!!!!???!!!!
    Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 3:21pm
Check this little eye-popper out!

http://www.d-light.us/index.php?option= ... 5&Itemid=1

I'm going to be very patient and wait for the press conference.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 3:31pm

That is about the reaction that I expected!  Yes, this is real.  We finished the legal details on Friday. 

Aurora was supposed to go to 1.0 release today at the same time as this announcement, but we are still working out some minor Vista install issues, so 1.0 will be coming out tomorrow instead of today.  I gave Darryl the green light to make the press release in the past hour.

I'll let the dust settle a little bit and will answer any questions in this thread.

beavis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 3:57pm
I'm a Spectrum user.  As you'd expect, the biggest concern is our old sequences.  I saw the notification email said there was an import feature.  Has this been known to work well, or is it something being added to accomodate this change?
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:02pm
The Spectrum import has been used with Aurora for quite some time, and works very well. Be aware that the layout/operation of Aurora is a bit different than Spectrum, but you will quickly become used to it. There is an entire section on HELLLP! elsewhere on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask even the stupidest (seemingly) questions. We'll get you through it!

webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:07pm
I myself own both Spectrum and Aurora.  I think this is a match made in heaven!

Mike has done a fantastic job on Aurora, and who is better than Dlight on the hardware end? NOBODY!

After the shock of  all this settles a bit,  I am sure that everyone will agree this was the best thing that could happen. I look forward to the future becuase it will only get better together!

Mark 
Mark Webb
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:11pm
Beavis,

You will be impressed with what Aurora will do, it will import your spectrum files with out a problem, you can import and re use the channels again and again, its all done, you wont have to build your channel line up again! I have imported all of my spectrum with out one issue.

Mark
Mark Webb
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:22pm
Question.....coming from D-light software......how many machines can we have full versions on?

Spectrum allowed for 3 I believe.

I sequence on my work computer and my show runs at home.

Thanks
Chris
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:24pm
Going to let Michael field this one in its entirety, but there is no problem with using Aurora on two machines. 

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:26pm
Aurora is licensed for as many computers as are required to run one show location.
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 4:29pm
Mike,

That is clear as mud...will there be a limit? I show on one and build on desktops at home and laptops away, sometimes sneaking in some programming at work.

Mark
Mark Webb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>