E1.31 Coming Soon...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E1.31 Coming Soon...
    Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:03am
With final preparations underway for the 2012 season I know a lot of you are wondering if there will be a new Aurora version this year.  This is a quick update to let you know what to expect for 2012:

The good news:
We have completed an E1.31 update/patch for Aurora 1.  Level 1 beta testing on the update has completed, and the update is presently in level 2 beta testing.  If all goes well, this Aurora E1.31/DMX update will be ready for public release later this month or in early October.  This will be a free update/patch for all paid license users of Aurora 1.

Other news:
We've been very busy working on the next version of Aurora (Aurora 2), but it will not be ready for release in time for the 2012 season.  At this moment, it looks like Aurora 2 will be a 2013 release.

Michael Miller
Aurorashow.com

--

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 05 Sep 2012 at 11:03am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 7:07pm
Just an update...

The E1.31 beta is still in level 2 testing.  We had a few hiccups with transitioning new beta testers into the world of adapter cables, etc. which slowed us down a little, but we are back on track now.  In the process we captured a good deal of documentation that will make the transition easier for y'all.  If all continues well then this release will be on just after 10/1.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 9:40am
Another update...

We've hit a few issues in testing which prevented a 10/1 release.  These should be minor and hopefully will not cause too many delays.  Stay tuned.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 8:32am
We are experiencing a growing number of hardware related issues in testing.  Although these do not directly impact Aurora itself, they do impact the supportability of the update at this point in time.  Since it is mid-October, it is best not to expect an official release this year (it might still happen, but it does not look promising at this time). 

Those interested in helping beta test what we do have may PM me for more information.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 3:03pm
The interest in beta testing is a bit larger than I anticipated.  The most efficient way to handle the testing is going to be to break the test schedule into multiple tests according to hardware configuration.  I have the necessary information from several of you; I am still waiting for others.  For the record, this is the information I need via PM for assigning you to a beta group:

1) What controllers do you have (e.g. ACx16, Firefli, Lynx Express, etc.).  Be specific (include model numbers)

2) What DMX fixtures (if any) do you have?

3) What E1.31 adapter do you have (e.g. DR4, D4, etc.).  Be specific.

4) What OS are you running (e.g. Windows 7, Vista, XP) and what edition (e.g. Home, Professional, Ultimate, Media Center)?  32 or 64 bit?  Be specific.

Michael
morelights View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote morelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:22am
Any word on when the E1.31 will be released this year. Im wanting to expand my display this year and don't want to go forward with a different program.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:44pm
We do not have an official release date at this time.  While I do anticipate with 99% confidence that it will be completed this year, it is still too early to make any official announcement and/or guarantee.

Michael
Dan1431 View Drop Down

Quote Dan1431 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 6:21pm
Im hopeing for the new 2.0 by 1st part of April as that is my cut off day to got DMX this year
AS DC boards are none exsitant from D light tryed all last yr. And the fact I have a lot of things to run with DMX, New DC boards, pixels, all DMX
bc_34sa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote bc_34sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 2:50pm
Hi Guys,

I am just curious as to how you are coming along?  Its now May and I need to know if I need to start looking for another program.  I would love to stay with aurora but I dont want to wait till Sept to find out that I should have been reprogramming my sequences now with a new program.

Is there anything I can do to help test?

Thanks
steve

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:05pm
If you are interested in becoming a Level II beta tester, PM Michael directly. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>