E1.31 Coming Soon...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:21pm
Development continues on the next version of Aurora.  I still do not have an ETA for the first public beta at this time.

Michael
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 2:00pm
Any sort of an update regarding public beta?
Would really like to use DMX via E1.31.. Unfortunately I don't have the correct Dlight usb device (lynx adapters doesn't work) for DMX via the patch and have been awaiting E1.31 for a long time.

I've got a ECG-DR4 and a Sandevice unit, Lynx controllers, Dlights all converted to DMX, and some other DMX stuff sitting here for almost 2 years waiting...

Also tried to join the beta but never got a response. Want to stay with Aurora if at all possible. Looked at LSP and Vixen as alternatives but still trying to be loyal to what I feel is the best for my needs. Can see that there's activity every now and then in the beta forum - sure keeping a good secret, hope it's going to be worth the wait.

Thanks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 4:55pm
Actually, there is currently a flurry of beta activity going on right now.  Michael stopped responding to Beta requests only because we had an influx of spammers.  At one point we had 165K members of the forum and the first post be a new user would make automatically generate a message to Michael for approval.  That's how we stopped all the spam messages.  With several hundred "new members", it was simply impossible for him to keep up with the deluge but sadly valid requests were also lost in the shuffle. 

You may or may not know that beta testers are not permitted to comment on the status of any new versions or new features of Aurora, which is why you only see status announcements come from the Michael himself.  However, I think a new announcement will be made fairly soon that will address all of your concerns and will quite possible make your day / season a whole lot better. 

Stay tuned... Wink
~Jonathan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 6:20pm
Expect an announcement on our very close to the first of the month. I'll find and have a look at your beta tester request tomorrow morning.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 9:09am
It is the first of the month...

I was hoping to make the huge announcement that Aurora 2 Beta 1 was available today, but beta testing uncovered a nasty bug in the very last build (one that could have caused sequence file corruption).  We were so close to release that the build was already staged in the public repository, new web pages had been created, and everything was set to go live at midnight this morning. 

Unfortunately, this means there will not be a new version released today.  Fortunately, this is not a bug that will hold us up for long.  We are looking at only a few days being required to fix it.

I know several users have been eagerly awaiting an update to Aurora, so I'm going to share the plan with you.  As soon as we get this current issue fixed, here is what we plan to do:

• As a thank you for your patience during the longer than expected time it took to get this release ready, Aurora 2 Beta 1 will be available at no additional charge to existing Aurora 1 users.  Your existing unlock key will work with this upcoming beta.

• Being a beta there will probably be some issues that we have not anticipated.  If the issue is a "show stopper" then we will try to address it with a service update sometime between release day and December 1. 
  • Beta 2 (ETA 2014-Q1), Beta 3 (ETA 2014-Q2), and the final release (ETA 2014-Q2) will be considered part of the Aurora 2 product line and will require an Aurora 2 preorder/order to use.
  • We will begin accepting preorders for Aurora 2 at the same time as Beta 1 is released.
  • Although Beta 1 is available to Aurora 1 customers at no charge, there will be a very significant (40%) discount available for those who choose to preorder the upgrade between now and December 31. 

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 01 Nov 2013 at 9:11am
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 2:44pm
Great News, thank you!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 11:21am
Just an update... the good news: the fix for the issue which stopped the release has been completed and is being beta tested.  The bad news: A couple other issues came up and are being looked into now.  While I don't have an exact date, I still anticipate the release will happen sometime this week.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 8:03am
Time for another update:

A beta release could still happen between now and Thanksgiving.  However-- since we will not have any time left to patch issues which are expected to come up (this is an early beta), I would not rely on this release for production use in your 2013 shows.

The happenings since November 3: One of our beta testers completely lost the ability to output anything to the lights from the Aurora beta.  No other beta testers were affected.  Since this is obviously a serious issue, I wanted to at the very least understand it fully before releasing this beta.  That said, I have yet to replicate the issue or understand what is happening.  Although I do not understand it yet (or have a support plan for fixing it), this issue is likely something specific to the one tester.

During the testing for that issue I discovered another issue which only shows up after a few days of continuous operation.  The problem with such an issue is that it takes a few days to test fixes, then rinse and repeat.  These are the sort of things that can turn days into weeks.

Bottom line: We're not ready to move from alpha to beta.  A beta is coming soon, but you should not count on it for use in your shows this year.  If you feel like a risk taker anyway and want to join the shakedown cruise in the beta tester group, please send me a private message.  We need a few more testers right now.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 1:50pm
Update:

Our beta tester's issues turned out to be the result of a dying router and has been resolved.  We also have resolved the inter-day memory leak that Borealis Scheduler was experiencing.  We have a couple tweaks to make and one or two more test cycles prior to release.

I can now confirm that there will be a beta release early next week. 

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 9:44am
Update:

The first E1.31 compatible beta (Aurora 2 Beta 1) has been released.  Please see this thread for more information:

http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=529098

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>