Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Programming "RGB"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Programming "RGB"
    Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 9:30am
A little confused.

To use the RGB function, I choose it, and then it asks for the Network (Which is 32 because I am using DMX) then the First column I am assuming is the Device ID? The second is the actual DMX channel on the device, so for my 4 channel native DMX par-can it would be 2, 3, and 4. But, is the first column the starting channel for the device, or is it the device number?

THanks in advance :)
   -Matt
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:45am
Since this is a "hack", you will need to translate the DMX channel number into a device/channel combination.  This is a bit awkward, but it can be done like this:

Channels 1-16:
Device 1, channels 1-16

Channels 17-32
Device 2, channels 1-16

...etc.

The specific math to compute these:
RoundUp (DMX_Channel/16) = Aurora_Device
DMX_Channel - ((Aurora_Device - 1) * 16)  = Aurora_Channel

In your case, use network 32, device 1, and channels 2, 3, 4.

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 22 Sep 2011 at 10:46am
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 12:05pm
Got it! Thank you Michael, I cannot express how excited I am to use the DMX this year. I really appreciate you letting me use the hack!

I'm sure there will be more questions as the year progress, and testing starts.
-Matt
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 6:52pm
Hey, just hooked up my lights, and I'm getting a flash of colors, and not the ones that are supposed to be up, is there anything I need to change with the Network? I'm %95 sure my DMX address' are correct, and that it was set up correctly in the channell editor.

Just thought I'd post something up, Still working through it as well. :)

-Matt
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 7:57pm
What color were you commanding and what color did you get?

To help diagnose this, try the primary colors first (red, green, blue) to determine which color channel is ending up doing what.

Michael
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 8:14pm
Thanks for the quick reply!

I did just that, started a new program, added an "RGB (over ACX16....." Did Network 32, and then Device ID's 1, and 2, 3, and 4 for the channells. Tried just Primary Red, Green, and Blue, and nothing now, not even a flash of light.

on another topic, what is the difference between:
Set D2XX Ramp Rate
Use D2XX Comm

-Really appreciate the help!
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:15am
So, I found with these cans I need to use the 1st channel as well, and keep the intensity up, however, I was having slight problems with the lights flashing at random times. So my question is, will this version not fade the colors? Is that where Dewey's Hack needs to come in? You mentioned that the "Ramp feature" is not available yet, so does that mean no RGB fades either?

-Matt
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 12:09pm
Yes, you will need to use Dewey's hack for anything other than the set color command.  His hack converts the color ramping/transitioning into multiple set color commands.

Michael
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 12:14pm
BTW, it sounds like your fixture is Y(luma)RGB, meaning you have a global luminance channel in addition to your three color channels. 

Although this channel is unnecessary for mixing colors in Aurora, it finds its way onto DMX fixtures because when connected to a lighting mixer (a more typical usage), it allows one fader to be able to fade in/out the fixture without altering its hue.  You should be able to simply lock this channel to 100% in Aurora and use the RGB set color adjustments instead.

Michael
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 1:38pm
Perfect! I will try to mess with Dewey's hack a little bit more, I was having issues with loading the NDC earlier, but I'll give it a shot!

Also, YES! I finally found out about the Luminance channel, I felt kind of unobservant, and now they will change static colors.

I'll keep you updated! Thank you so much for all this help. This year is going to be GREAT!

-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>