D-light 1.19 firmware compatability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-light 1.19 firmware compatability
    Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:44pm
I recently upgraded the firmware on all of AC-16 boards and let just say that I quickly switched back to 1.17 firmware. Darryl at d-light said that Aurora users may experience issues and should hold off on upgrading firmware until Aurora comes up with a patch. I know that Aurora isn't being developed right now but could their be a work around. The sticky channels are really bothering me! Who has the answer?
www.brightonbrittain.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:06pm
Only one man has that answer. I do find it odd that Daryl did not make the firmware a beta first so it could be extensively tested prior to general release.

I sense a disturbance in the Force....Ouch

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:40pm
Agreed.  :darth:
~Jonathan
dman776 View Drop Down
Beta Testers .
Beta Testers .

Quote dman776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 12:31am
Michael, did you get my email?? 

(no disturbance here)  ;-)
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 12:11pm
I was involved with the Beta testing of 1.19 but did not test on Aurora (even though I own it). I'm still stuck in LOR space.
JonB - D-Light user
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 12:49pm
Odd. Never saw it in the D-Light beta test section....

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:41am
Stick with firmware 1.17 or prior for this season.  There are changes to the protocol in 1.19 which are not backward compatible with the old protocol spec.  I was only notified of the changes last week and they involve a rather major change to how Aurora compiles the sequences.  If Aurora were in active development (which it is not) it would take no less than 2 weeks (a month being much more realistic) to make the changes and get them through beta testing before they were ready for public release.

I know it looks bad, but don't blame D-Light either.  They were only responding to some things outside of their control as well.
dman776 View Drop Down
Beta Testers .
Beta Testers .

Quote dman776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
Aurora/D-Light beta testers, go to http://www.d-light.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2003 for a test firmware build Specifically for Aurora.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 12:14am
Firmware v1.20Beta is now available.  See http://www.d-light.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=14851#p14851 for details.
~Jonathan
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
is that stable-ish???

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>